photo blog  photo tinker.jpg  photo connect.jpg  photo present.jpg

Sunday, August 2, 2015

August Currently

I'm linking up with Farley and her August Currently!


Listening to my new yoga playlist for each week. I started teaching yoga in June as something "on the side" and have loved it! I make new playlists each week and have enjoyed finding new music on Spotify. (which, by the way, is the BEST app for music ever. Totally worth the $9.99 per month!)

Loving the new Zac Brown Band album Jekyll + Hyde. We are going to see ZBB in September at Wrigley Field, and I cannot wait! His new album is fantastic, and totally fits the name "Jekyll + Hyde". Seriously, one moment I'm listening to something that sounds like its out of the 1940s, and the next its similar to heavy metal. Love love love!

Thinking about all the things I have to pack and do tomorrow to get ready for our trip to Vermont & Boston! We leave on Tuesday, and have so much to do before then. Lists on lists on lists!

Wanting another month of summer. For real, how is it August already?!

Needing an ice cold LaCroix. Because it has been 90s in Chicago all week. 

B2S RAK I know, I had to look up what an RAK was too. {Random Acts of Kindness}. I had lunch with some of my best teacher friends the other day, and joked that I would be the one spreading sunshine and rainbows this school year. It is one of my goals to spread joy and be as positive as I can at work. I want to uplift and inspire my colleagues this year! Negativity can be such a trap, but it is my mission to remain positive - so kicking the year off with some Happy Mail for coworkers is a good place to start :-)

3 comments :

  1. Love your happy mail idea! I have found myself getting caught in the negativity trap before, staying positive is one of my goals for this year as well :)
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want another month of summer too! I JUST started a new job and need the time to prepare. Have an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Lauren! Love your August Currently, and living in the same area....I hear you on the LaCroix! I like lemon and lime flavors. I can't believe it's already August and B2S time. I feel like with our strange weather it's JUST NOW feeling like summer. My school has NO A/C...so if it stays this hot....YIKES!

    Hugs,
    Lindsey
    It's Elementary, My Dear!

    ReplyDelete