photo blog  photo tinker.jpg  photo connect.jpg  photo present.jpg

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

BiblioNasium

BiblioNasium is a community for parents, teachers, and students ages 6-12 to connect with each other and share their favorite books. It allows you to give your students a "guide" as they independently read. 



Click below to take a "tour" of BiblioNasium:


Some of the things you can do using BiblioNasium are:

- Monitor what students are reading and help them expand their genre choices
- Track what level books students are reading based on the Lexile scores of the books
- Create virtual bookshelves of what students are reading and want to read
- Students are encouraged to write book recommendations, which fosters peer-to-peer connections with reading

While I haven't gotten to try out BiblioNasium myself, it looks like a fun way to get students excited about independent reading!

It was also featured in The Journal this summer; check out the article here:





2 comments :

  1. Great idea. I keep hearing about it and I haven't tried it yet. You've inspired me. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great site! When they students recommend a book, is it for everyone to see or just their classmates? I need to check this out! I'm a new follower.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete