photo blog  photo tinker.jpg  photo connect.jpg  photo present.jpg

Friday, March 6, 2015

AirDrop Awesomeness

All my hopes and dreams came true when I updated to Yosemite... or at least one of them.

Yes, in Yosemite, you can now AirDrop between your MacBook and an iOS device! I've already used it twice this week to get pictures from my phone to my laptop wirelessly! Brilliant! 

To use AirDrop on an iPhone or iPad, swipe up from the bottom to get the Control Center:


Click on AirDrop, and then Everyone (I had to do everyone to see my laptop as an option)

Then, on your laptop, go to AirDrop from Finder:


Since I've been using this to share Photos, I've been going into my Photo Album, selecting the photo I want, and then click the share button:


Once AirDrop comes up, I just click on where I want it shared to in AirDrop, and it shows up on my laptop in the downloads folder! 

You can also share the opposite way, from your Mac to iPad/iPhone. Also, you can AirDrop more than just photos - Keynotes, videos, webpages.. the list goes on!

For more info, check out  Apple's support page.

Or, check out this video tutorial.



No comments :

Post a Comment